Our school is learning-focused with a strong emphasis on both the academic progress and personal development of our students. We recognize that just as every student is a unique individual, every day is a new beginning and an opportunity for success and happiness.
We believe that high school students learn best when they are engaged in their own learning and inspired to work toward their individual goals and passions. In high school, we aim to provide the skills, knowledge, and understanding for our students to become successful, life-long learners.
The academic curriculum is only one part of our school project, and our focus is always on the needs and happiness of each student. We firmly believe that school days should be the happiest days of everyone’s life, and we work hard to make sure that is true for all our students as we prepare them to compete in real life.
Instruction in High School is focus on developing foundational skills that prepare students for learning in the all content areas and to be succeed at his future career’s choice.
The students are expose to a rich and meaningful curriculum that meets the needs of the youth growing in an international environment. We follow the Common Core Standards although some of the context is adapted to suit the Thailand environment that we are insert as school and also the international diversity of our students.
Expanding the contents to deliver an extensive and generous foundation in areas, as literacy, mathematics, technology and arts. Our High School standards call on students to practice applying mathematical ways of thinking to real-world issues and challenges.
They prepare students to think and reason mathematically. The standards set a rigorous definition of college and career readiness not by piling topic upon topic, but by demanding that students develop a depth of understanding and ability to apply mathematics to novel situations, as college students and employees regularly do.
The English language arts standards require certain critical content for all students, appropriately, the remaining crucial decisions about what content should be taught are made considering the multiculturalism of our students. In addition to content coverage, the standards require that students systematically acquire knowledge in literature and other disciplines through reading, writing, speaking, and listening.
Academic Vocabulary Development
The program builds academic vocabulary using these important concepts: describe, compare and contrast, and classify colors, geometric shapes, family members, food, jobs, vehicles, buildings, and position.
Observation lessons involve concrete examples using detailed photographs to develop observation skills. The student book provides activities that students may use to clarify their thinking and learning by peer and class discussion.
Spatial Thinking Skills
• Describing Shapes – naming shapes, finding shapes to match a description, describing characteristics of a shape
• Similarities and Differences – matching and combining shapes, producing equal figures, figure completion
• Sequences – recognizing and producing the next figure in a sequence
• Classification – classifying by shape and/or color, forming classes, depicting overlapping classes
• Using positional and directional words
Verbal Thinking Skills
• Describing – matching a picture to a description, describing people, animals, or objects shown in pictures, part/whole analysis
• Similarities and Differences – selecting similar people, animals, or objects, explaining similarities and differences
• Sequences – ranking objects or people by a significant characteristic
• Classifications – explaining characteristics of a class, exceptions, sorting into classes
This book teaches the characteristics outlined in its mental models needed to describe or define a concept.
How We Know It Works
• Increased scores on language proficiency and cognitive abilities tests
• Increased scores on normed or criterion-referenced achievement tests
• Proficient student writing
• Increased number of students placed in advanced classes and subsequent successful performance
See below some photos of High School.
Fill out an application now
Other course options